Reach Me

GlobalLinker Profile

Friday, July 15, 2011

Zinc Recycling

Zinc is the 27th most common element in the earth's crust. More importantly, zinc is fully recyclable. Zinc can be recycled indefinitely - without loss of its physical or chemical properties.

Approximately 60% of the zinc produced worldwide originates from mined ores and the remaining 40% from recycled or secondary zinc. The level of recycling increases each year, in step with progress in zinc production and recycling technology.

Zinc is recycled at all stages of production and use, including scrap that arises during the production of galvanized steel sheet, scrap generated during manufacturing and installation processes and from end-of-life products.

No comments: