Saturday, December 31, 2011
Friday, December 30, 2011
Thursday, December 29, 2011
The Air to Water Technology started out about eight years ago and initial applications included household and office use. The applications scope has been expanded to meet water supply requirement for rural communities, oil & gas offshore and remote drilling sites, remote military camp sites and remote construction sites.
A health club (also known as a fitness club, fitness center, and commonly referred to as a gym) is a place which houses exercise equipment for the purpose of physical exercise.
Health clubs are often located near large employers. They usually draw a crowd of people before plant or business normal working hours, during lunch breaks, and after closing.
Health clubs provide marketers with a unique venue to reach millions of active, on-the-go consumers. Club members tend to be affluent and are willing to spend more for premium and/or healthful products.
A nursing school is a type of educational institution, or part thereof, providing education and training to become a fully qualified nurse. The nature of nursing education and nursing qualifications varies considerably across the world.
Nursing is the art and science of caring, healing, treating, curing and educating patients of all ages in diverse health care environments.
- The platform chemicals concept is to establish routes from biomass to new and existing petrochemical products.
- These are the basic building blocks for the basic petrochemical industry, which produces a wide variety of commodity chemicals. These commodity or bulk chemicals, in turn, are used for an even wider array of fine chemicals and polymers.
- There are two main ways to produce equivalent platform chemicals to those from fossil derived sources: Arriving to the same chemical structure or finding a chemical that can perform the same duties.
- Advances in biotechnology are enabling the optimization of feedstock composition and agronomic characteristics and the development of new and improved fermentation organisms for conversion of biomass to new end products or intermediates.
- The hydrogen and carbon containing platform chemicals are either used as solvents (e.g. benzene, toluene), as starting material for polymers (e.g. ethylene, propylene, butadiene) or are further functionalised with elements such as oxygen, nitrogen or chlorine.
- The production of chemicals from biomass presents higher mass and carbon theoretical efficiency, and it seems an interesting alternative to provide a renewable path for globally and widely demanded platform chemicals like phenols, solvents (Acetone), soft plastic precursor (Polyethylene) and hard plastic precursor (Polypropylene).
- A “driving school” is a business which, for compensation, conducts or offers to conduct instruction in the operation of motor vehicles.
- A driving school owner which is any person licensed by the department to engage in the business of giving instruction for compensation in the driving of motor vehicles or in the preparation of an applicant for examination for a driver’s license issued by the department.
- An independent driving instructor is licensed to teach driving instruction in a city with a population of less than 50,000, which does not have within it an established licensed driving school.
- The city must be located in a county with a population of less than 400,000; and the instructor must be employed as an accredited teacher of automobile driver education or automobile driver training under the provisions of the Education Code.
- “School for training drivers” means a business conducted by a natural person, association, partnership, corporation or other business entity, for the education of students, in a classroom or motor vehicle, or both, in preparation for the examination for a driver’s license or learner’s permit required by the department to operate a motor vehicle.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Monday, December 26, 2011
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Friday, December 23, 2011
The Medical Store Depots were originally established in different parts of the country under the Medical Stores Organization primarily to meet the needs of army units in respect of medicines, surgical equipments and other medical supplies.
The pharma market is growing at 27% annually. Reports peg the market at Rs 33,000 crore (US$ 5 bn). Revenue from pharmacies is expected to touch Rs 50,000 crore by 2010.
The drugstores industry, part of the larger food and staples retailing industry, is a high-volume, low-margin business, with cutthroat competition.
Ferry designs depend on the length of the route, the passenger or vehicle capacity required, speed requirements and the water conditions.
Water based transport is effective as generally speaking, operating costs of fuel are low and environmental pollution is lower than for corresponding volumes of movement by road, rail or air.
Money is the highest barrier to entry of the ferry business. Historically, government grant programs, such as the $60 million allotted as part of the 2009 Economic Recovery Act, have gone to buy new ferryboats or improve existing ferry terminals.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Power trading inherently means a transaction where the price of power is negotiable and options exist about whom to trade with and for what quantum.
Power trading in India is in infant stage and has high potential for growth. Provision of Open Access was a step towards commercialization of power market with high growth potential.
In India, Inter – regional power transfer capacity, according to the statistics, stands at 9000 MW. A perspective transmission plan has been evolved to install an integrated and resilient Nation Power Grid in a phased manner by the year 2012 thereby augmenting the Inter- regional transfer capacity from the current level of 9000 MW to 30000 MW.
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Hydrotherapy & Rehabilitation Pools with unique counter current mechanism are a valuable and economical system for healing and rehabilitation treatments recognized to possess various benefits in modern medical texts.
Hydrotherapy & Rehab pools are safe and hygienic method of conveniently providing hydrotherpay in Homes, Clinics, Hospitals & Physiotherapy Centres.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
Friday, December 16, 2011
Tidal power, also called tidal energy, is a form of hydropower that converts the energy of tides into useful forms of power - mainly electricity.
The world's first large-scale tidal power plant (the Rance Tidal Power Station) became operational in 1966.
Tidal power is extracted from the Earth's oceanic tides; tidal forces are periodic variations in gravitational attraction exerted by celestial bodies. These forces create corresponding motions or currents in the world's oceans.
The concept of a HYPOGEN (HYdrogen and POwer GENeration) Facility for producing hydrogen and electricity, using fossil fuels as feedstock, with the simultaneous capture and storage of the carbon dioxide produced during the process.
HYPOGEN plants will have to be able to meet the greenhouse gas emission constraints.
The evolution of hydrogen markets can only be projected and modelled as a high risk stream of income for HYPOGEN.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Ropeways are used for the transport of goods or passengers, whereby the passengers or goods are conveyed or drawn in cars by means of a towing device.
Aerial ropeway development may have a wide range of impact on the environment through activities like construction work, reclamation, excavation and other related activities.
Gravity ropeway is an inexpensive and simple means of transportation. It operates simply by gravitational force without the use of external power.
Ropeways offer business opportunities not only as tourist attractions in hill stations, but also as cheaper means of urban transportation, capable of decongesting over-choked cities.
Ropeway standards are reviewed every five years to ensure that they reflect the state of the art, and they are updated as required.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
- Flue Gas Desulphurization is widely acknowledged as today’s state-of-the art technology for removing sulfur dioxide from the exhaust flue gas in coal- and oil-fired power plants.
- Although the FGD process was originally established for environmental purposes, a large amount of high quality, synthetic gypsum is created as a byproduct of the scrubbing process.
- Wet flue gas desulfurization or scrubber systems are an excellent way of reducing the sulfur dioxide emissions caused by coal combustion boilers.
- Conventional wet FGD systems are in successful operation at a large number of coal-fired facilities ranging in size from small, individual applications to large utility applications of more than 1000 MW.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Thursday, December 08, 2011
Monday, December 05, 2011
- An organic acid is an organic compound with acidic properties.
- The most common Organic acids are the carboxylic acids, whose acidity is associated with their carboxyl group –COOH. Sulfonic acids, containing the group –SO2OH, are relatively stronger acids.
- The relative stability of the conjugate base of the acid determines its acidity.
- Other groups can also confer acidity, usually weakly: –OH, –SH, the enol group, and the phenol group.
- In biological systems, organic compounds containing these groups are generally referred to as Organic acids.
- Simple Organic acids like formic or acetic acids are used for oil and gas well stimulation treatments. These Organic acids are much less reactive with metals than are strong mineral acids like hydrochloric acid (HCl) or mixtures of HCl and hydrofluoric acid (HF).
Sunday, December 04, 2011
- They have no bargaining power with the Bankers for getting finance.
- They have no bargaining power to get better rates and better deal with the suppliers
- They have no bargaining power with their customers particularly with the Big Brothers.
- They have no POWER ( I mean the electric Power)
we welcome Gnanasambandan, known to friends as KRG. Industrialist, Consultant and Trainer. Manufacturing Siddha Medicines and also running a Training Organisation by name AATHMA
We like to hear his views on SME Develoment issues
KR. Gnanasambandan (KRG)
Vice President - TANSTIA
CEO & Consultant Trainer,
An Academy for Training in HR, Marketing and Administration, (AATHMA)
"Malligai", 74, Paramuthevar Nagar, Narayanapuram West,
INDIA. Ph: 91 452 2680999Chennai Office:
Flat No"6, Ranjit Apartments, 14/82, I Avenue, Indira Nagar,
Adayar, CHENNAI - 600 020.
Mobile: 91 94437 11495 / 91 93600 11495
Alternate E-Mail: email@example.com
His name is David Irisaari and emailid:firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, December 03, 2011
When a leading air line company is not able to pay back it debts amounting to several thousand crores SBI the lead bank comes forward to convert it into Equity. Whereas a small Micro unit having borrowed a few lakh rupees is not able to repay it and asking for the reschedule, the banks apply SARFAESI and take over the little assets and auction it. They are not even prepared to listen the grievances of the Entrepreneur.
Every banker is saying that Entrepreneur themselves are not interested in availing loan under CGTMSE stating that they need to pay 1% more as Insurance premium and they are ready to offer collateral security. But, unfortunately, these bankers do not educate the Entrepreneur that they have to shell out thousands of rupees as fees to the Engineer and Advocate for getting the valuation certificates, Legal opinion and over and above that they have to pay 0.5% as Stamp duty for registering the deposit of title deeds with the bank and registration charges and other expenses at the Registrar office.
Regarding rate of interest, any amount of our representation to the authorities did not yield any response. Cost of Finance is one of the major input for a MSE. Let us hope at least our recommendation for interest subsidy is granted by the Tamilnadu Government.
Thursday, December 01, 2011
Fatty acid is a carboxylic acid with a long unbranched aliphatic tail (chain), which is either saturated or unsaturated.
Fatty acids are merely carboxylic acids with long hydrocarbon chains. The hydrocarbon chain length may vary from 10-30 carbons.
Fatty acid demand is expected to continue to be strong , fuelled by growth in consumer products such as cosmetics and plastics. Prices of fatty acids in Asia are dependent on feedstock palm kernel, palm stearin and crude palm oil prices and tend to follow the price trends of these raw materials.
The rubber industry consumes large quantities of fatty acids. Mostly, saturated fatty acids are used as activators, accelerators and softening agents.The textile industry uses fairly large quantities of fatty acids, largely in the form of derivatives. Because of the diversity of the industry and the numerous forms in which fatty acids
Tall oil, also called "liquid rosin" or tallol, is a viscous yellow-black odorous liquid obtained as a by-product of the Kraft process of wood pulp manufacture when pulping mainly coniferous trees.
The tall oil rosin finds use as a component of adhesives, rubbers, and inks, and as an emulsifier. The pitch is used as a binder in cement, an adhesive, and an emulsifier for asphalt.
The demand is for the tall oil rosin and fatty acids which are used to produce adhesives, coatings, and ink resins. The products find use in lubricants, soaps, linoleum, flotation and waterproofing agents, paints, varnishes, and drying oils.
Demand for tall oil fatty acids (TOFA) and TOFA derivatives, as well as tall oil rosin-based resins are said to be picking up, mostly because of improved economic activity.
- Soy milk is actually made from soybeans, a type of vegetable. It has been used for centuries by the Chinese and Japanese people in making their staple food which is the tofu.
- Soy milk (also called soya milk, soymilk, soybean milk, or soy juice, although some do not believe soy to be a milk) and sometimes referred to as soy drink/beverage is a beverage made from soybeans.
- Plain soy milk is unsweetened, although some soy milk products are sweetened. Salted soy milk is prevalent in China.
- Soy milk has about the same amount of protein (though not the same amino acid profile) as cow's milk.
- Natural soy milk contains little digestible calcium as it is bound to the bean's pulp, which is insoluble in humans.
- Soy products contain sucrose as the basic disaccharide, which breaks down into glucose and fructose.
Tannic acid is a specific commercial form of tannin, a type of polyphenol. Its weak acidity (pKa around 10) is due to these phenol groups in the structure. Tannic acid (TAN-ik AS-id) is a pale yellow amorphous powder, shiny scales, or spongy material that gradually darkens when exposed to air. It is odorless but has a strong, bitter taste.
Tannic acid is used in the conservation of ferrous (iron based) metal objects to passivate and inhibit corrosion. Tannic acid is also used to produce tannate salts of certain anti-histamins and anti-tussives to impart increased stability or slow release properties to the API (active pharmaceutical ingredient).
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
..........About 2,000 kg of arecanut is required to make two lakh bars of soap ..
each bar weighing 75 grams consumes the same quantity of arecanut normally consumed by a person a day. Each bar contains about 30 per cent of areca fruit extract — mainly tannin.
The Areca nut is the seed of the Areca palm (Areca catechu), which grows in much of the tropical Pacific, Asia, and parts of east Africa. It is commonly referred to as "betel nut" as it is often chewed wrapped in betel leaves.
Pooga Singar Deodorant Beauty Soap, made of areca fruit extract. This soap is invented by P. Shankar Bhat Badanaje, a farmer-cum-researcher of Vittla which is available in jasmine, rose, and tulsi fragrances.
In India,arecanut is mainly grown in the states of Kerala, Karnataka and Assam. Kerala and Karnataka account for about 70% of the country’s production
Monday, November 28, 2011
A sealant is a material designed only to fill up a space. The spaces can be joints, gaps or cavities that occur between two substrates. ex : The space between a bathtub and wall.
The primary function of a joint sealant is to maintain a positive seal between the sides of a joint, which may be subject to movement.
Sealants are used to close small openings that are difficult to shut with other materials, such as concrete, drywall, etc. Uses of sealants vary widely and sealants are used in many industries, for example, construction, automotive and aerospace industries.
The fast growing emerging markets, such as China and India, are supporting a significant portion of the incremental demand for adhesives and sealants globally.
- Ammonium nitrophosphate has another name Ammonium phosphate-nitrate
- A Slurry of concentrated ammonium nitrte solution (97%) and ammonium phosphate is used to produce ammonium phosphate nitrate in a rotary drum granulator in the Pechiney-saint-gobain process
- Ammonium phosphate-nitrate (27-12-0 + 4.5S) is made by reacting ammonia with a mixture of phosphoric and nitric acids.
- The 94% AN melt and calcium carbonate which are both byproducts of the ANP plant are used as raw material for the production of CAN fertilizer.
- ANP fertilizers were applied in solid form to soil, and reaction products formed at and around the site of ANP fertilizer placement were identified after six weeks incubation in moist soils by Xray diffraction technique.
Friday, November 25, 2011
- Chromium(III) sulfate usually refers to the inorganic compound with the formula Cr2(SO4)3 • 12(H2O).
- Chrome Sulphate is the basic tanning chemical.Apart from being expensive, Chrome Sulphate is also a serious pollutant.
- Finishing chemicals are used to impart certain properties to the leather like softness, color, appearance etc.Like tanning chemicals finishing chemical also get discharged into wastewater.
- Only those chemicals are fully retained which are applied as surface coating.
- Basic chromium sulfate is produced from chromate salts by reduction with sulfur dioxide.The collected data shows 50-150 liter water is used for conversion of one kg of raw skin into leather
Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) roofingOne of the most popular choices for commercial projects is an Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) roofing system
want to know more ..EPDM is an elastomeric polymer synthesized from ethylene, propylene and a small amount of diene monomer, compounded with carbon black, processing oils and various cross-linking and stabilizing agents ...more information
Thursday, November 24, 2011
EPDM exhibits satisfactory compatibility with fireproof hydraulic fluids, ketones, hot and cold water, and alkalis, and unsatisfactory compatibility with most oils, gasoline, kerosene, aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons, halogenated solvents, and concentrated acids..
EPDM has achieved a reputation in the industry as a long-lasting material, and advancements in materials, techniques, and components have given manufacturers the confidence to offer the industry's longest warranties of thirty years.
- Mucopain from ICPA contains Benzocaine. Benzocaine is a local anesthetic commonly used as a topical pain reliever.
- Determination of benzocaine in mucopain gel is done by HPTLC densitometry. HPTLC method for determination of benzocaine and its applicability in the estimation in marketed product.
- Mucopain gel (ICPA Health products Itd., Ankleshwar) was purchased from a local pharmacy. Mucopain gel was selected for benzocaine study since it can be extracted with much ease.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Arkema, which is the world number three in acrylics is to build a new production line for dimethyl amino ethyl acrylate (DMAEA) at Carling-Saint. Carling is one of the largest acrylic acid plants in the world.
- An anesthetic gas is a gas that causes temporary loss of awareness and physical sensation.
- Anesthetic gases cause general anesthesia, or total loss of consciousness, rather than local or regional anesthesia, which blocks sensation only in particular body parts.
- Anesthetic gas is often used in modern medicine, either by itself or in combination with intravenous anesthetics, to keep patients unconscious during surgery.
- A doctor trained to administer anesthetics is called an anesthesiologist or anesthetist.
- Despite being commonplace in modern medicine, the mechanism by which anesthetic gas works is still uncertain.
Fluorocarbon Coating is an organic coating consisting of solid lubricant dispersed in an organic binder and dissolved in a specially formulated mixture of solvents.
Fluorocarbon Coating is also corrosion-resistant due to the use of a thermally, cured thermosetting synthetic binding material. When applied to the substrates resists galling, seizure and fretting and offers corrosion resistance.
Fluorocarbon Coating can be given on any metal or alloy surface, which can be suitably pretreated, by phosphating, blasting, anodizing or Soft Nitriding /Nitrocarburising.
Fluorocarbon coating for superior performance, are widely applied to various fields, especially in the construction materials on the performance of the more prominent, although the fluorocarbon coating in our country are just the initial stage, but with the domestic railways, highways, and various infrastructure construction progresses, fluorocarbon coatings market space is growing.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Business Line : Industry & Economy / Agri-biz : Coir geo-textiles get nod for use in rural road construction
Take a look at
Coir Business set to grow?
Monday, November 21, 2011
Monoammonium phosphate (11-48-0) is a dry material being used for bulk blending or direct applications. Monoammonium phosphate has a lower ammonia content and may be less injurious to germinating seeds than diammonium phosphate.The general agronomic effects of diammonium and monoammonium phosphates are equal for most soils.
MAP is produced by combining phosphoric acid and ammonia. The most common grade for MAP is 11% nitrogen and 52% phosphorus pentoxide. MAP is widely produced in granular form for direct application as a fertilizer or in bulk blending of dry fertilizers. The compound is also a component of some dry powder fire extinguishers. It is stored and transported as a solid at ambient temperatures.
Disinfectants are substances that are applied to non-living objects to destroy microorganisms that are living on the objects.Disinfection does not necessarily kill all microorganisms, especially nonresistant bacterial spores; it is less effective than sterilisation, which is an extreme physical and/or chemical process that kills all types of life.
Triple superphosphate, also known as double, treble, or concentrated superphosphate, is a fertilizer material with a phosphorus content of over 40 percent, measured as phosphorus pentoxide
(P2O5).Triple Superphosphate is a high analysis product of the reaction between phosphate rock and phosphoric acid, containing 45 - 48% available phosphate (AP).
The demand for fertilizer depends on the price of the crop, the price of fertilizer, prices of other inputs that substitute for or complement fertilizer, and the parameters of the fertilizer production function.The outlook for the fertilizer market through 2014 is for a growing agricultural market. After farmers reduced applications of P and K fertilizers in the last two fertilizer seasons, P fertilizer demand is expected to grow substantially in the next few years.
Global Positioning System (GPS) is a revolutionary tool, which provides unequalled accuracy and flexibility of positioning for navigation, surveying and Geographic information system (GIS) data
Opportunities remain untapped for various vertical segments of GPS market, like in new advanced access devices, chipset availability, and PND market.
Triacetonamine has been recognized as a key intermediate in the preparation of certain 4-substituted 2,2,6,6 - tetramethylpiperidine derivatives which are excellent in protecting synthetic resin compositions against the deleterious influences of heat and light.
- Hypromellose (INN), short for hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), is a semisynthetic, inert, viscoelastic polymer used as an ophthalmic lubricant, as well as an excipient and controlled-delivery component in oral medicaments, found in a variety of commercial products.
- As a food additive, hypromellose is an emulsifier, thickening and suspending agent, and an alternative to animal gelatin.
- HPMC has many pharmaceutical uses, as a drug carrier, a coating agent, a tabletting agent, an emulsifier in ointments. It is also used in ophthalmic solutions and as a slow release agent.
- It is widely used in personal care products as a thickening agent and foam stablizer.
- It is also used in tile adhesives, cement renders, paints and coatings in the construction industry as a thickening agent.
Friday, November 18, 2011
Rust Converter is a synthetic polymeric formula that converts existing rust into a moisture free, black protective coating. Not only does it eliminate existing rust, but it seals out moisture to prevent the possibility of future rust formation and corrosion.
Commercial rust Converters are a water-based primer, contains two active ingredients: Tannic acid and an organic polymer. Tannic acid, reacts with iron oxides (rust) and chemically converts it to iron tannate, a dark-colored stable material. The second active ingredient, usually 2-Butoxyethanol, is an organic polymer that provides a protective primer layer.
Rust Converter can be used on any rusty iron or steel object. It can be used on vehicles, trailers, fences & gates, iron railings and staircases, sheet metal, cast iron, outsides of tanks, lawn equipment, mower decks, farm equipment, tractors to name just a few. It will not work on aluminum, copper, stainless steel or galvanized metal.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
- Titanium sponge is a porous form of titanium that is created during the first stage of processing. In its natural form, titanium is widely available within the earth’s crust.
- After being extracted, it is processed to remove excess materials and convert it into a usable, although costly, product.
- In powder form, it is dark gray, titanium is as strong as steel with only 45% of its weight, so when combined with other metals, it greatly improves the strength and the ability to withstand extremes of temperature.
- Titanium sponge is used extensively for coating the surface of implantable medical devices to accelerate bone growth and the healing process.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) is one kind of high molecule elastic material developed in late years, which is one of the random chloride produced through reaction of polyethylene and chlorine. Along with rapid development of plastic and rubber industry, its application becomes much wider.
CPE has good flexibility, ozone resistance, weather ability, heat aging, oil resistance, flame retardance, electrical properties, chemical resistance sex. Flexibility and a weakened resistance to cold.
China and the United States were the two largest consumers of chlorinated polyethylene.
About 80% of CPE is used for PVC modification and about 20% for the production of wires, cables and ABS modification. World consumption of CPE is forecast to grow at an average annual rate of about 4%.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- Fast food is the term given to food that can be prepared and served very quickly.
- While any meal with low preparation time can be considered to be fast food, typically the term refers to food sold in a restaurant or store with preheated or precooked ingredients, and served to the customer in a packaged form for take-out/take-away.
- The term "fast food" was recognized in a dictionary by Merriam–Webster in 1951.
- The capital requirements involved in opening up a non-franchised fast food restaurant are relatively low.
- Teens between the ages of 13 and 18 purchased 800 to 1,100 calories in an average fast food visit.
Wednesday, November 09, 2011
The demand for preschool childcare has reached a high level and continues to rise as we enter the 21 st century. Over the past several decades, women have entered the workforce in record number.
Tuesday, November 08, 2011
Friday, November 04, 2011
Grafting with telechelic polymers provides an alternative method, commonly referred to as grafting onto , for synthesizing hybrid branched architectures.
Graft copolymerization is considered to be one of the most promising approaches to a wide variety of molecular designs leading to novel type of
tailored hybrid materials.
- Polycrystalline silicon, also called polysilicon, is a material consisting of small silicon crystals.
- It differs from single-crystal silicon, used for electronics and solar cells, and from amorphous silicon, used for thin film devices and solar cells.
- Polysilicon is a key component for integrated circuit and central processing unit manufacturers such as AMD and Intel.
- At the component level, polysilicon has long been used as the conducting gate material in MOSFET and CMOS processing technologies.
- Polysilicon manufacturing market is in a very fast growth mode.
Amaranthus is the genus for the pigweed family. The word is derived from the Greek word amarantus, which means “everlasting.” Amaranth, an ancient crop originating in the Americas, can be used as a high-protein grain or as a leafy vegetable, and has potential as a forage crop.
The production of amaranth in Latin America diminished dramatically subsequent to Spanish rule, the positive attributes of the crop led to its adoption in other areas of the world. By the 1700s, amaranth had spread throughout Europe for use as a herb and ornamental.
Usage of ajowan is almost confined to Central Asia and Northern India. Ajowan is particularly popular in savoury Indian recipes like savoury pastries, snacks and breads.
Ajowan is much used as a medicinal plant is ayurvedic medicine for its antispasmodic, stimulant, tonic and carminative properties. The seeds are used to ease asthma and indigestion. It is also widely used to treat diarrhoea and flatulence. In the West, thymol is used in medicines against cough and throat irritation. The thymol content makes ajowan a potent fungicide.
The Ashoka tree (lit., "sorrow-less") is a flowering tree considered sacred throughout India and Sri Lanka where it is found. It is prized for its beautiful foliage and flowers. A precious plant, the tree’s name ‘Ashoka’ means ‘without sorrow’ in Sanskrit.
The demand of Ashok bark is more at domestic level than at international level. The requirement of Ashok bark in Everest Homeo is about 1 quintal per annum, that of bhuineem being 1.5 quintals and of RS roots, about 75 kg.
Agar (a-gar)' or agar agar ' is a gelatinous substance chiefly used as a solid substrate to contain culture medium for microbiological work. Agar- Agar is a combination of polysaccharides made up of neutral molecules (agarose) plus others electrically charged (agaropectine). Chemically, agar is a polymer made up of subunits of the sugar galactose.
The demand for bacteriological agar comes mostly from industrialized countries although demand in developing countries is also on the rise. Developing countries supply about 90% of the seaweed used for agar, only 38% of the agar is produced in the world market. High Commercial value and dried seaweed is exported to Japan, Korea and even Taiwan. Agar-Agar produced locally is in demand in the local market
Amylase refers to a group of enzymes whose catalytic function is to hydrolyze (breakdown) sugar and starch.
Amylases can be divided into two categories, endoamylases and exoamylases.
The spectrum of amylase application has widened in many other fields, such as clinical, medical, and analytical chemistries, as well as their wide spread application in starch sacccharification and in the textile, food, fermentation, paper, brewing and distilling industries.Among the specific types of industrial enzymes, protease and amylase lead the market with current shares of 25% and 20%, respectively. Geographically, the North America market is currently leading with 36% of total market share and will continue to do so through the forecast period.
Asafoetida, the gum resin prized as a condiment in India and Iran, is obtained chiefly from plant Ferula asafetida. The Latin name ferula means "carrier" or "vehicle". Asa is a latinized form of Farsi asa "resin ", and Latin foetidus means "smelling, fetid". A related species (F.vulgaris), native to the Mediterranean, is mentioned in the Greek mythology as the plant that helped Prometheus to carry the stolen fire from the Sun to the Earth.
Ninety per cent of the Asafoetida used in India is from Afghanistan and is called the kabuli hing. the Iranian variety is of better quality and comes in three types — sheer, xl and hingda.
Aseptic technique includes preparation of the patient, such as hair removal and disinfection of the operative site; preparation of the surgeon, such as provision of decontaminated surgical attire, surgical scrub, and sterile surgical gloves; sterilization of instruments supplies, and implanted materials; and the use of operative techniques to reduce the likelihood of infection.
Anise, Pimpinella anisum L., a herbaceous annual native to the Mediterranean region and Egypt, is cultivated in Europe, Asia India, Mexico, North Africa, and the USSR. The plant reaches a height of about 0.5 meters and requires a warm and long frost-free growing season of 120 days.
Anise is used for bloating, wind, colic and heartburn, digestive, restoring equilibrium, stress and irritation, tight chest, bronchitis, breath sweetening, antispasmodic.
An adhesive is a compound that adheres or bonds two items together. Adhesives may come from either natural or synthetic sources.
Phenol (C6H50H), the primary component of the resin used for the wood adhesives, is made from petroleum. In making adhesives and plastics from wood waste or other biomass uses solvent lo exlraci and concentrale a phenolics and neutrals traction lrom the pyrolysis oil.
The global presentation identifies the Pressure Sensitive Adhesives demand in the USA, Western Europe and Japan which, when combined, represents about 80% of the world market place.
Thursday, November 03, 2011
Polyanionic Cellulose (PAC) (Polyanionic Cellulose) is a kind of nonionic cellulose ether featured the properties of high purity, high DS, particularly high viscosity or low viscosity.
PAC has good properties of salt resistance and temperature resistance, PAC is especially better then CMC and also it have good non-Newtonian fluid, can effectively control the mobility of mud.
Polyanionic Cellulose (PAC) is a good filtrate reducer with the capacity of increasing viscosity and anti-high temperature (150°C) in the freshwater, seawater, or even saturated brine well-completion liquid.
Wednesday, November 02, 2011
- After closer evaluation, the economics of film lamination and the overall process do not favor it is long-term use.
- Ferrolite polymer film coatings adhere to the substrate (ECCS material is used as the substrate) through the use of special bonding layers which are co-extruded with the main polymer layer.
- The main types used are: Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and Nylon (N)polyamide.
- Film lamination (ex. Ferrolite, TULC, Crystal Can) may seem to be a com- patible technology with extrusion coating.
Tuesday, November 01, 2011
Labetalol Hydrochloride is an adrenergic receptor blocking agent that has both selective alpha1- and nonselective beta-adrenergic receptor blocking actions in a single substance.
Labetalol Hydrochloride Injection is used to lower high blood pressure, also called hypertension.
Labetalol HCl Injection is contraindicated in bronchial asthma, overt cardiac failure, greater than first degree heart block, cardiogenic shock, severe bradycardia, other conditions associated with severe and prolonged hypotension.
Labetalol was quicker and more efficient at controlling blood pressure, having a beneficial effect on renal functions and causing fewer side effects compared with methyldopa.
Mushrooms are gradually becoming popular as they are rich in minerals and vitamins and very low on fat and sugar.
The market for mushrooms has been expanding in recent years. The trend is away from the canned product toward fresh and dried mushroom sales.
The production of mushrooms can play an important role in managing organic wastes which have become problematic as landfills reach capacity.
Triacetonamine is used as an intermediate for light stabilizer for synthetic polymers.
Triacetonamine has been recognized as a key intermediate in the preparation of certain 4-substituted 2,2,6,6 - tetramethylpiperidine derivatives which are excellent in protecting synthetic resin compositions against the deleterious influences of heat and light.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a versatile polymer used in a broad range of medical, industrial, and high technology applications.
Polytetrafluoroethylene or PTFE is a one of the major components in the fabric used to make safety clothes for those involved in heavy industries.China is the largest producer and consumer of PTFE in the world. The region, in recent years, increased the production capacity of PTFE, by aggressively debottle- necking existing plants and adding new facilities.
The Report conclude use of the polytetrafluoroethylene surgical membrane for pericardial closure in children is a safe procedure that helps prevent complications at reoperation.