Saturday, December 31, 2011
Friday, December 30, 2011
Thursday, December 29, 2011
The Air to Water Technology started out about eight years ago and initial applications included household and office use. The applications scope has been expanded to meet water supply requirement for rural communities, oil & gas offshore and remote drilling sites, remote military camp sites and remote construction sites.
A health club (also known as a fitness club, fitness center, and commonly referred to as a gym) is a place which houses exercise equipment for the purpose of physical exercise.
Health clubs are often located near large employers. They usually draw a crowd of people before plant or business normal working hours, during lunch breaks, and after closing.
Health clubs provide marketers with a unique venue to reach millions of active, on-the-go consumers. Club members tend to be affluent and are willing to spend more for premium and/or healthful products.
A nursing school is a type of educational institution, or part thereof, providing education and training to become a fully qualified nurse. The nature of nursing education and nursing qualifications varies considerably across the world.
Nursing is the art and science of caring, healing, treating, curing and educating patients of all ages in diverse health care environments.
- The platform chemicals concept is to establish routes from biomass to new and existing petrochemical products.
- These are the basic building blocks for the basic petrochemical industry, which produces a wide variety of commodity chemicals. These commodity or bulk chemicals, in turn, are used for an even wider array of fine chemicals and polymers.
- There are two main ways to produce equivalent platform chemicals to those from fossil derived sources: Arriving to the same chemical structure or finding a chemical that can perform the same duties.
- Advances in biotechnology are enabling the optimization of feedstock composition and agronomic characteristics and the development of new and improved fermentation organisms for conversion of biomass to new end products or intermediates.
- The hydrogen and carbon containing platform chemicals are either used as solvents (e.g. benzene, toluene), as starting material for polymers (e.g. ethylene, propylene, butadiene) or are further functionalised with elements such as oxygen, nitrogen or chlorine.
- The production of chemicals from biomass presents higher mass and carbon theoretical efficiency, and it seems an interesting alternative to provide a renewable path for globally and widely demanded platform chemicals like phenols, solvents (Acetone), soft plastic precursor (Polyethylene) and hard plastic precursor (Polypropylene).
- A “driving school” is a business which, for compensation, conducts or offers to conduct instruction in the operation of motor vehicles.
- A driving school owner which is any person licensed by the department to engage in the business of giving instruction for compensation in the driving of motor vehicles or in the preparation of an applicant for examination for a driver’s license issued by the department.
- An independent driving instructor is licensed to teach driving instruction in a city with a population of less than 50,000, which does not have within it an established licensed driving school.
- The city must be located in a county with a population of less than 400,000; and the instructor must be employed as an accredited teacher of automobile driver education or automobile driver training under the provisions of the Education Code.
- “School for training drivers” means a business conducted by a natural person, association, partnership, corporation or other business entity, for the education of students, in a classroom or motor vehicle, or both, in preparation for the examination for a driver’s license or learner’s permit required by the department to operate a motor vehicle.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Monday, December 26, 2011
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Friday, December 23, 2011
The Medical Store Depots were originally established in different parts of the country under the Medical Stores Organization primarily to meet the needs of army units in respect of medicines, surgical equipments and other medical supplies.
The pharma market is growing at 27% annually. Reports peg the market at Rs 33,000 crore (US$ 5 bn). Revenue from pharmacies is expected to touch Rs 50,000 crore by 2010.
The drugstores industry, part of the larger food and staples retailing industry, is a high-volume, low-margin business, with cutthroat competition.
Ferry designs depend on the length of the route, the passenger or vehicle capacity required, speed requirements and the water conditions.
Water based transport is effective as generally speaking, operating costs of fuel are low and environmental pollution is lower than for corresponding volumes of movement by road, rail or air.
Money is the highest barrier to entry of the ferry business. Historically, government grant programs, such as the $60 million allotted as part of the 2009 Economic Recovery Act, have gone to buy new ferryboats or improve existing ferry terminals.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Power trading inherently means a transaction where the price of power is negotiable and options exist about whom to trade with and for what quantum.
Power trading in India is in infant stage and has high potential for growth. Provision of Open Access was a step towards commercialization of power market with high growth potential.
In India, Inter – regional power transfer capacity, according to the statistics, stands at 9000 MW. A perspective transmission plan has been evolved to install an integrated and resilient Nation Power Grid in a phased manner by the year 2012 thereby augmenting the Inter- regional transfer capacity from the current level of 9000 MW to 30000 MW.
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Hydrotherapy & Rehabilitation Pools with unique counter current mechanism are a valuable and economical system for healing and rehabilitation treatments recognized to possess various benefits in modern medical texts.
Hydrotherapy & Rehab pools are safe and hygienic method of conveniently providing hydrotherpay in Homes, Clinics, Hospitals & Physiotherapy Centres.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
Friday, December 16, 2011
Tidal power, also called tidal energy, is a form of hydropower that converts the energy of tides into useful forms of power - mainly electricity.
The world's first large-scale tidal power plant (the Rance Tidal Power Station) became operational in 1966.
Tidal power is extracted from the Earth's oceanic tides; tidal forces are periodic variations in gravitational attraction exerted by celestial bodies. These forces create corresponding motions or currents in the world's oceans.
The concept of a HYPOGEN (HYdrogen and POwer GENeration) Facility for producing hydrogen and electricity, using fossil fuels as feedstock, with the simultaneous capture and storage of the carbon dioxide produced during the process.
HYPOGEN plants will have to be able to meet the greenhouse gas emission constraints.
The evolution of hydrogen markets can only be projected and modelled as a high risk stream of income for HYPOGEN.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Ropeways are used for the transport of goods or passengers, whereby the passengers or goods are conveyed or drawn in cars by means of a towing device.
Aerial ropeway development may have a wide range of impact on the environment through activities like construction work, reclamation, excavation and other related activities.
Gravity ropeway is an inexpensive and simple means of transportation. It operates simply by gravitational force without the use of external power.
Ropeways offer business opportunities not only as tourist attractions in hill stations, but also as cheaper means of urban transportation, capable of decongesting over-choked cities.
Ropeway standards are reviewed every five years to ensure that they reflect the state of the art, and they are updated as required.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
- Flue Gas Desulphurization is widely acknowledged as today’s state-of-the art technology for removing sulfur dioxide from the exhaust flue gas in coal- and oil-fired power plants.
- Although the FGD process was originally established for environmental purposes, a large amount of high quality, synthetic gypsum is created as a byproduct of the scrubbing process.
- Wet flue gas desulfurization or scrubber systems are an excellent way of reducing the sulfur dioxide emissions caused by coal combustion boilers.
- Conventional wet FGD systems are in successful operation at a large number of coal-fired facilities ranging in size from small, individual applications to large utility applications of more than 1000 MW.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Thursday, December 08, 2011
Monday, December 05, 2011
- An organic acid is an organic compound with acidic properties.
- The most common Organic acids are the carboxylic acids, whose acidity is associated with their carboxyl group –COOH. Sulfonic acids, containing the group –SO2OH, are relatively stronger acids.
- The relative stability of the conjugate base of the acid determines its acidity.
- Other groups can also confer acidity, usually weakly: –OH, –SH, the enol group, and the phenol group.
- In biological systems, organic compounds containing these groups are generally referred to as Organic acids.
- Simple Organic acids like formic or acetic acids are used for oil and gas well stimulation treatments. These Organic acids are much less reactive with metals than are strong mineral acids like hydrochloric acid (HCl) or mixtures of HCl and hydrofluoric acid (HF).
Sunday, December 04, 2011
- They have no bargaining power with the Bankers for getting finance.
- They have no bargaining power to get better rates and better deal with the suppliers
- They have no bargaining power with their customers particularly with the Big Brothers.
- They have no POWER ( I mean the electric Power)
we welcome Gnanasambandan, known to friends as KRG. Industrialist, Consultant and Trainer. Manufacturing Siddha Medicines and also running a Training Organisation by name AATHMA
We like to hear his views on SME Develoment issues
KR. Gnanasambandan (KRG)
Vice President - TANSTIA
CEO & Consultant Trainer,
An Academy for Training in HR, Marketing and Administration, (AATHMA)
"Malligai", 74, Paramuthevar Nagar, Narayanapuram West,
INDIA. Ph: 91 452 2680999Chennai Office:
Flat No"6, Ranjit Apartments, 14/82, I Avenue, Indira Nagar,
Adayar, CHENNAI - 600 020.
Mobile: 91 94437 11495 / 91 93600 11495
Alternate E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
His name is David Irisaari and emailid:email@example.com
Saturday, December 03, 2011
When a leading air line company is not able to pay back it debts amounting to several thousand crores SBI the lead bank comes forward to convert it into Equity. Whereas a small Micro unit having borrowed a few lakh rupees is not able to repay it and asking for the reschedule, the banks apply SARFAESI and take over the little assets and auction it. They are not even prepared to listen the grievances of the Entrepreneur.
Every banker is saying that Entrepreneur themselves are not interested in availing loan under CGTMSE stating that they need to pay 1% more as Insurance premium and they are ready to offer collateral security. But, unfortunately, these bankers do not educate the Entrepreneur that they have to shell out thousands of rupees as fees to the Engineer and Advocate for getting the valuation certificates, Legal opinion and over and above that they have to pay 0.5% as Stamp duty for registering the deposit of title deeds with the bank and registration charges and other expenses at the Registrar office.
Regarding rate of interest, any amount of our representation to the authorities did not yield any response. Cost of Finance is one of the major input for a MSE. Let us hope at least our recommendation for interest subsidy is granted by the Tamilnadu Government.
Thursday, December 01, 2011
Fatty acid is a carboxylic acid with a long unbranched aliphatic tail (chain), which is either saturated or unsaturated.
Fatty acids are merely carboxylic acids with long hydrocarbon chains. The hydrocarbon chain length may vary from 10-30 carbons.
Fatty acid demand is expected to continue to be strong , fuelled by growth in consumer products such as cosmetics and plastics. Prices of fatty acids in Asia are dependent on feedstock palm kernel, palm stearin and crude palm oil prices and tend to follow the price trends of these raw materials.
The rubber industry consumes large quantities of fatty acids. Mostly, saturated fatty acids are used as activators, accelerators and softening agents.The textile industry uses fairly large quantities of fatty acids, largely in the form of derivatives. Because of the diversity of the industry and the numerous forms in which fatty acids
Tall oil, also called "liquid rosin" or tallol, is a viscous yellow-black odorous liquid obtained as a by-product of the Kraft process of wood pulp manufacture when pulping mainly coniferous trees.
The tall oil rosin finds use as a component of adhesives, rubbers, and inks, and as an emulsifier. The pitch is used as a binder in cement, an adhesive, and an emulsifier for asphalt.
The demand is for the tall oil rosin and fatty acids which are used to produce adhesives, coatings, and ink resins. The products find use in lubricants, soaps, linoleum, flotation and waterproofing agents, paints, varnishes, and drying oils.
Demand for tall oil fatty acids (TOFA) and TOFA derivatives, as well as tall oil rosin-based resins are said to be picking up, mostly because of improved economic activity.
- Soy milk is actually made from soybeans, a type of vegetable. It has been used for centuries by the Chinese and Japanese people in making their staple food which is the tofu.
- Soy milk (also called soya milk, soymilk, soybean milk, or soy juice, although some do not believe soy to be a milk) and sometimes referred to as soy drink/beverage is a beverage made from soybeans.
- Plain soy milk is unsweetened, although some soy milk products are sweetened. Salted soy milk is prevalent in China.
- Soy milk has about the same amount of protein (though not the same amino acid profile) as cow's milk.
- Natural soy milk contains little digestible calcium as it is bound to the bean's pulp, which is insoluble in humans.
- Soy products contain sucrose as the basic disaccharide, which breaks down into glucose and fructose.
Tannic acid is a specific commercial form of tannin, a type of polyphenol. Its weak acidity (pKa around 10) is due to these phenol groups in the structure. Tannic acid (TAN-ik AS-id) is a pale yellow amorphous powder, shiny scales, or spongy material that gradually darkens when exposed to air. It is odorless but has a strong, bitter taste.
Tannic acid is used in the conservation of ferrous (iron based) metal objects to passivate and inhibit corrosion. Tannic acid is also used to produce tannate salts of certain anti-histamins and anti-tussives to impart increased stability or slow release properties to the API (active pharmaceutical ingredient).