- Synonyms of sodium benzoate are Benzoic acid, sodium salt, Sobenate, Natrium benzoic, Antimol, Benzoate of soda and it has the chemical formula NaC6H5CO2.
- Raw Materials of sodium benzoate are sodium hydroxide, benzoic acid, it is widely used food preservative and acidic foods.
- The sodium benzoic can be produced by reacting the neutralization of benzoic acid, sodium hydroxide.
- Sodium benzoate occurs naturally at levels of 10-1000 mg/kg in many foodstuffs in natural occurrences and it also occurs in many plants and in animals.
- Sodium salt of benzoic acid is a sodium benzoate & one gram of the salt is soluble in 2 ml of water, in 75 ml of ethyl alcohol and in 50 ml of 90% ethyl alcohol.