- Drugs commonly referred to as "steroids" are classified as anabolic (or anabolic-androgenic) and corticosteroids.
- Corticosteroids, such as cortisone, are drugs that doctors typically prescribe to help control inflammation in the body
- Steroids are a class of naturally occurring or synthetic compounds that can serve as “sex hormones, adrenal cortical hormones, bile acids, sterols, anabolic agents, and oral contraceptives”
- Anabolic steroids usually caused azoospermia
- Taking steroids for these purposes is illegal and may be dangerous.
- such as testosterone deficiency,ertain kinds of anaemia,some kinds of breast cancer, calcium deficiency, muscle-wasting conditions