- 1,2,4-Triazole is one of a pair of isomeric chemical compounds with molecular formula C2H3N3, called triazoles, which have a five-membered ring of two carbon atoms and three nitrogen atoms.
- 1,2,4-Triazole is a basic aromatic heterocycle.
- 1,2,4-Triazole derivatives find use in a wide variety of applications, most notably as antifungals such as fluconazole and itraconazole.
- 1,2,4-Triazoles can be prepared using the Einhorn-Brunner reaction or the Pellizzari reaction.
- 1,2,4-Triazole, triazole alanine, triazole acetic acid, triazole pyruvic acid and triazole lactic acid are the common metabolites derived from triazole-containing fungicides that act by inhibiting sterol synthesis.