- Mono nitro toluene, or methylnitrobenzene or nitrotoluene (MNT or NT), is a group of 3 organic compounds, a nitro derivative of toluene.
- Its chemical formula is C6H4(CH3)(NO2).
- Mono nitro toluene comes in three isomers, differing by the relative position of the methyl and nitro groups.
- Typical use of nitro toluene is in production of pigments, antioxidants, agricultural chemicals, and photographic chemicals.
- Ortho-Mononitrotoluene and para-mononitrotoluene can be also used as detection taggants for explosive detection.