- Monoethylamine(MEA) like some other small primary amines is a good solvent for lithium metal, giving the ion and the solvated electron.
- Evaporation of monoethylamine(MEA) solutions, gives back lithium metal.
- Such solutions are used for the reduction of unsaturated organic compounds, such as naphthalenes and alkynes.
- Monoethylamine(MEA) is a precursor to many herbicides including atrazine and simazine
- Using submerged jet impingement experiments critical wall shear stresses for initiation of flow induced localized corrosion (FILC) were evaluated for the system carbon steel/aqueous polysulfide containing monoethylamine