- Calcium lactobionate is an important drug intermediate used for the preparation of calcium tablets and injectables
- It is used in proprietary oral liquid calcium preparation
- The neutralized solution is filtered to remove insoluble and the filtrate is treated with alcohol to remove calcium lactobionate
- It is used or intended for use as a firming agent in dry pudding mixes at a level not greater than that required to accomplish the intended effect
- Calcium glubionate /Calcium lactobionate is the generic name for this medicine.