- Dipentene is used to describe any mixture of terpene hydrocarbons, usually p-menthadienes
- Dipentene is produced from the distillation of crude turpentine and as a by-product from pine oil and camphor processes.
- The excellent solvency of dipentenes, along with its wetting and dispersing properties make it suitable for use in rubber
- Processing and reclaiming, in paint and varnish applications, in cleaners, waxes and polishes and in oil drilling operations
- Dipentene is used as a solvent for resins, alkyds and waxes and to make paints, enamels, lacquers and polishes.
- It is used as a perfumery composition for soaps, personal care products and cosmetics.
- It is used as an intermediate for terpene resins, carvone, terylene, and rubber chemicals