- Farnesene is a 15 Carbon Isoprenoid Which Could Be used as a Diesel Fuel Or a Speciality Chemical
- Farnesene can be used in the manufacturing of a variety of applications such as lubricants, polymer additives, additives to cosmetic products, flavor and fragrances.
- Amyris’ process for renewable diesel production uses farnesene as a feedstock. There is also research and development underway to use farnesene in polymers.
- Isoprene is found in products ranging From Surgical Gloves To Car Tyres
- Isoprene has a Market Value Of $1-2 Billion